The Real Christmas Card
(idea shamelessly lifted from my friend, Ellen)
Anyone with small children (or pets!) knows that getting a good photo of a clean, still and shiny small person/pet is nearly impossible. If I made my Christmas card using the actual photos I’ve taken over the last year, it would look something like this…
Clockwise from top left:
- Blurry memories. How many of my photos are blurry? All of them. Kids don’t sit still. And if they do, it is only to stare at a television.
- Pistachio’s ultrasound photo. Or Skeletor’s. Or something. Who the hell can see anything in these?
- Photos of cute sibling love always end up being of injuries, or other dangerous kid behavior. (Her eyes were fine.)
- Don’t take my picture! #1
- Pickle’s Actual “Smile” Face
- Violent Kid Love. Hug or choke hold? You be the judge.
- Plum’s Actual “Smile” Face
- Don’t take my picture! #2
(I have left out the entire collection of photos my husband has taken of me and the kids this year. First of all, there are about 8 photos. When the kids get older they’re going to wonder where the heck I was during their entire early childhood. Second of all, he tends to take photos when I am grumpy, not expecting a photo shoot, or sans pants. Or all three. Awesome. You’re thankful I left these out, trust me.)