Hubby and I agree that this little Plum Baby is likely a boy. Of course, we’re just guessing. But I feel so similar to last time around it is hard for me to think this is anything but another baby boy. However, last time around we only had a boy name picked out. This time, we’ve only got a girl name picked out, so…
Stephanie over at The Life of a Husband and Wife did a stellar job of compiling a list of BOY v. GIRL Old Wives’ Tales to help her readers guess which she is having (I think she’s having a boy). So I’m going to pick a few of those tales, list them here, and let you guess whether I’m having a boy or a girl…
1. Heartbeat – 140+ is a girl, under 140 is a boy. Plum Baby has been comfortably in the 140-150 range. Of course, so was Plum’s brother. But the heartbeat tale would indicate a girl.
2. Mayan Legend – If the mother’s age at conception and the year of conception are both odd or both even, then it is a girl. If one is even and the other is odd, it is a boy. 2011 and 33, so the Mayans would have guessed girl for me. Of course, they’ve also predicted the world will end this year…
3. Pimples – Break outs mean girl, clear skin means boy. I’ve had exactly 1 pimple. Otherwise my skin has really been good. Boy!
4. Morning Sickness – Bad morning sickness means girl, and nausea-free livin’ means boy. I did a lot of gagging, but I never felt ill. So lucky! Boy!
5. Math – Age of at conception + my birth month + month of conception. If the total is odd, it’s a boy. If the total is even, it is a girl. (Honestly, who comes up with this stuff???) My formula is 33+12+6 = 51, which means boy.
6. Sleep Position – If you prefer sleeping on your left side, it’s a boy. Right side means it is a girl. I’m preferring my right actually. I’ve never preferred that side before! Girl?
7. Soft or Dry Hands – If your hands are dry, you are having a boy; if they’re soft, expect a girl. It IS winter in New England, so I’m not sure how accurate this one is, but if you read one of my old posts where I was complaining about dry hands, we’re looking at a boy.
8. Food Cravings – Citrus cravings can mean girl. Considering the amount of Newman’s Own Limeade I’ve sucked down in the last 7 months I have to be carrying a girl. However, this craving could be less about citrus and more about my insatiable need for cold beverages.
9. Face Weight Gain – If your face gets fuller, it means you’re having a girl. My face is actually thinner. In fact, my kind, and oh-so-tactful mother said, “You look great when you’re pregnant – you look all bloated usually.” Gee, thanks, Mom.
10. Baby Weight – If you’re carrying baby in front, its a boy. Is the baby weight spaced all around your middle, it is a girl. Definitely boy here.
11. Hairy Legs – If the hair on your legs is growing faster than before you were pregnant, it’s a boy. If it isn’t growing quicker, it’s a girl. Definitely girl.
12. Chest Development – Bigger boobs? Girl. If not, boy. I haven’t seen any major growth, so boy.
What do you think?