TIL #1: Darn Tough Socks
My love of these socks is abnormal and perhaps unhealthy. I know this. But they are perfect in every way.
I live in New England. And for years I didn’t wear any socks. Ever. That was dumb. And then I wore wool socks with Birkenstocks. (Did I really just admit to that? It is a part of my past I have tried desperately to hide. I made a huge number of fashion mistakes in the 1990’s. I am coming to terms with that.) That was dumb too. And then I wore another popular brand of performance wool socks. They were okay. And then I found Darn Tough…
They are performance socks made for outdoorsy types (I am not one of those – but I do own unused snowshoes), but they have a line of “lifestyle” socks too. That means that I can wear their socks and sit around my house drinking tea and listening to Abba and NOT ice climbing, and I don’t need to feel guilty about it.
The good stuff?
- A family company, and all socks are made in Vermont.
- Guaranteed for LIFE. Yes, life. Unconditionally. (They aren’t cheap, but seriously, they will outlast your shoes, so they are a worthwhile investment. And did I mention the Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee?)
- Excellent durability (I haven’t had a pair wear out yet). I might go so far as to say the durability is ridonkulous.
- Cute colors and patterns. Kind of makes me feel like these folks take their socks seriously, but don’t take themselves too seriously. I like that. Case in point?
- Lightweight options – I love this because some wool socks are 3/4″ thick and I can’t wear them to work with my regular shoes. When it is cold out, I want to wear cute, warm, striped socks to work with regular shoes.
Note: The Darn Tough folks have no idea who I am. I just really love their socks. A lot. If plural marriage was legal…