Rabbits! Rabbits! Rabbits!
The whole parenting/working/being an adult thing is tough enough. I feel like I work hard every day to be a good person, a good parent, with an intact sense of humor and some semblance of sanity. Then, New Year’s Eve comes along and I’m supposed to set some goals for self-improvement. But heck, I’m not going to strive for things like enlightenment, marathons, vegetarianism, volunteer work, or travel until I can succeed at some smaller things, like peeing solo, making my bed (weekly counts), eating breakfast, and/or going to bed at a reasonable hour. I need some successes, so I’m setting the bar low this year.
Resolutions for 2013
- No face or neck tattoos. Not even temporary ones.
- Avoid Diet Coke, monkfish liver and Pitbull concerts.
- Learn to play an instrument (maracas, kazoo and tambourine count)
- Shower most days.
- Read one book, and see one movie in a theater.
- Figure out how to listen to my podcasts in my car.
- Avoid reality shows about the Amish, and/or large tumors.
- Sleep. At least some.
- Remember every family member’s name, every day.
- Organize the hall closet by April.
I’ll report back. The Amish reality show one is going to be tough.