Time for the yearly check-in to see how I am doing with those pesky New Year’s Resolutions. Remember, I set the bar low this year – and good thing I did.
1. No face or neck tattoos. Not even temporary ones.
2. Avoid Diet Coke, monkfish liver and Pitbull concerts.
SUCCESS! Though I admit, I’d probably have a lot of fun at a Pitbull concert.
3. Learn to play an instrument (maracas, kazoo and tambourine count).
FAILURE. Though we did buy a piano. Which doesn’t make too much sense, since none of us know how to play.
4. Shower most days.
SUCCESS! Except some Sundays, but that doesn’t really count.
5. Read one book, and see one movie in a theater.
SUCCESS! I read the very long 11/23/63 as well as some others, and I saw Silver Linings Playbook in the theater.
6. Figure out how to listen to my podcasts in my car.
FAILURE. But I’m giving myself a pass, since my house was broken into and my iPod (among other things) was stolen. The good news? The police found the perps and all of my stuff. The bad news? They still have it in evidence.
7. Avoid reality shows about the Amish, and/or large tumors.
SUCCESS! I’ve actually avoided most TV (except for Sesame Street and the ever-annoying Caillou), and most reality shows. I have seen the entire first season of Orange is the New Black (love!) and I’m working on House of Cards now. I call that a TV win.
8. Sleep. At least some.
SUCCESS! Kind of! We are in that magical place where both kids nap at the same time. So that means Sunday naps for me. My kids are still up a bit, but that is slowly improving, and I’m up a bit (more on that later), but I’m still going to chalk this one up as a win.
9. Remember every family member’s name, every day.
SUCCESS! We even lost and then added kitty family members. And I still remembered everyone’s name.
10. Organize the hall closet by April.
SUCCESS! Done! Twice this year! Why this teeny closet get crammed with weird junk I don’t know.
Things to work on for the remainder of 2013 include: more time with friends, better breakfasts, and less clutter.
What are you working on?