1. First of all, don’t serve kids rice. Or couscous. You’re just asking for trouble. But if you do, and if (when) they dump it on the rug, don’t clean it up immediately. Let it dry. It is so much easier to clean up once it is dry. If I was going to add a hashtag to this post it would be #WENEEDADOG.
2. My kids don’t have dedicated rain gear. I’m just not going to spend $40 on a raincoat they’ll wear twice and outgrow. Sorry kids, you’ll dry out quickly enough.
3. It is wasteful and silly, but I throw out bread heels. I know I should freeze them, compost them or make bread crumbs or something, but I just don’t.
4. In the middle of hanging photos I couldn’t find our tape measures. Anywhere. Even in Pickle’s room. So I used this:
Why? Because the back of the toy looks like this:
5. I am suspect of juice cleanses, multi-level marketing and artificial sweeteners.
6. One of my least favorite things about being a mom (besides the worry, guilt, fear, sleepless nights, etc.) is that I am FOREVER PACKING AND UNPACKING BAGS FULL OF KID STUFF. I am hopeful the day they can do this for themselves is fast approaching (yeah right).