1. I bought more personalized stationery. I couldn’t help it. It has rainbow unicorns on it. (Yes, I am aware that I am 37 years old.) It also has woodland creatures. And apparently I have a thing for woodland creatures.
2. Those big crystals of sugar they put on the top of muffins? I HATE THEM. Stop wrecking my muffins!
3. I wrote a list of things that I really should do to make my life feel more comfortable, well-rounded and full.
- Read – really read – a poem every day (or heck, at least once a week).
- Have fresh flowers around.
- Grow something (not just children).
- Have a nice bed.
- Eat more fish and more green things.
- Go to the theatre – and not just musicals.
A pretty good list. And while my mattress IS of legal drinking age and needs to be put out of its misery, my list also offered me some lovely perspective. It doesn’t contain items like survive, heal, or feel respected and loved so maybe I’m doing alright.
4. I’m pretty sure most people drink too much water, or think they need more water than they do. Really.
5. My mom was right about a lot of things:
- As you get older, your hair gets less greasy. Thankfully, true!
- You should keep track of the Christmas presents you give, so you can keep things even and avoid giving the same gifts 2 years in a row. Yes. You think you will remember, but you won’t.
- There is value to comfy undies. Duh. I have no idea why my sister and I fought her on this one.
- Sometimes you will forget which baby is in the baby picture. I didn’t think it was possible to be unable to recognize your own children in photos, but sometimes I’m baffled even though I birthed them!