Yes, there was snow a week ago. But that hasn’t stopped me from thinking about sunshine and the longer days that are just around the corner.
Admission: I am on the receiving end of some ribbing for my love of planning. It is possible that my mother actually gifted me with a framed a greeting card that said something like, “All spontaneous fun must be planned in advance!” or something like that.
I just like to know what the plan is. And I’m kind of bossy.
But I’m not making any apologies for my summer to do list this year! Summer around here is short, and there is much to do before the arrival of fall (and Pickle starting 1st grade. WHAT?!)
Summer Fun To Do List 2016
- Pick up subs and have an afternoon/evening picnic/swim at a local lake
- Attend a Minor League Baseball game
- Strawberry picking
- Ice-Cream-for-Dinner Night
- Weekly trips to our favorite local spot with ice cream, farm animals and an amazing sand pile (aka kid heaven)
- Surprise the kids with a day off from school to go to the beach and have fun
- At least 2 weekend trips up to Maine to stay with family
- Go visit my sister and the new baby for a long weekend (probably with at least one of my kiddos tagging along)!
- Trip to the Zoo
- Solo trip to the Coast for some outlet shopping and a great lobster roll (okay, maybe I’ll bring a friend, or my husband)
- Mini golf
- As many al fresco dinners on the deck as the weather and mosquitoes will allow
- Bring the big kids to two of the great “for kids” shows at our local professional theater
- Make ice cream with the kids
- A few evenings hosting friends for cookouts and play time in the yard
- An evening with cookies, bug spray, and a picnic blanket at a local bandstand concert.
I was going to add “backyard camping” to the list, but I think my husband would kill me (and make ME be the one to sleep in the buggy tent).
A few of last year’s photos from our favorite ice cream spot/farm/giant sand pile/kid heaven:
Happy Spring to all! Summer is on the way – what is on your list?