I love the tiny treasures that stockings hold, but it is a challenge to fill them each year. I try to find a balance of fun stuff (that isn’t complete junk) and useful stuff (like socks and floss). Here are a few things my kids will find in their stockings this year. All of the links are to Amazon, but I didn’t buy all of my goodies there. You should be able to find most of this stuff in a store near you.
- Slinky! These are endlessly entertaining to my kids. And I’m glad they’re cheap, because they inevitably get bent and/or tangled in about 27 minutes.
- Little Brown Bat stuffed animal – My three kids each get little stuffed animals peeking out of their stockings most years. This year I went for the non-traditional: a bat, a llama and a raccoon.
- Body Doodlers – Nontoxic bath crayons made for doodling on skin. My kids love any type of bath-time art, so I expect these will be a hit. Fingers crossed they wash off as easily as they are supposed to!
- See Thru Music Box – This one plays Plum’s favorite, “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” and it is less than $5! Win!
- Hexbug Nano Cat Toy – Because our cat Elsie needs a present or two, too. These little Hexbugs skitter around the house like cockroaches. (I’ve actually never seen a cockroach, but I’m assuming they skitter similarly.)
- Flossers for Kids – Every stocking needs floss and socks. It is the law.
- Edible Bubbles – We like to try to eat regular bubbles, so I’m guessing that ones that don’t taste like soap will be a big hit. I also found some touchable bubbles that harden after you blow them, and can then be gently touched or stacked. I’m kind of excited to try those myself!
- Cow Popper – Pistachio, my youngest, loves cows. And I imagine he will also love using these to shoot the balls at his sister. I’m predicting that all of the balls will be lost by 12/27.
- Hair Paste – My 6-year-old loves looking stylish, and his hair IS pretty amazing. So styling products have begun to appear in his stocking each year.
- Butterfly Hair Clips – We’re in the process of letting Plum’s hair grow back into a cute bob from a pixie. She has specifically requested some “pretties” for her hair. Added bonus these are GOLDEN.
As for me, I’m hoping to get some scratch tickets, a whisk, post-it notes, and of course, FLOSS! Happy shopping!