50 Days of Gratitude – My Thanksgiving Countdown continued…
The countdown to Thanksgiving continues. I’ll admit, sometimes at the end of the day it is hard for me to come up with more than 2 things. And usually one of those two is “sleep” or “bedtime” or some permutation thereof. But I’m still going, and I’m more than halfway there.
You can find my first 10 days of gratitude here.
Things I am grateful for…
Days 11 through 20
50. Sweet and surprising things Mr. Pickle says in the midst of the daily madness that catch me off guard – tonight it was an unprompted, “Thank you for dinner, Mama” while we all sat eating together
51. Hearing a great/fun/memory-full song on the radio that I haven’t heard in ages (The other day it was Phish’s “Bouncing Round the Room” and I was right back in high school again.)
52. English Breakfast tea
53. Junk food TV (My husband makes fun of me, but I am not ashamed to admit that I like Long Island Medium. I do. And I’m tempted to tune into Duck Dynasty, too. I have not yet reached the level of Honey Boo Boo, though.)
54. Drinking straws (The number of bendy straws I go through is irresponsible. Surely, I am contributing more than my fair share to local landfills. I feel guilty, but not enough to stop using them.)
55. Internet shopping (I have started my Christmas shopping, but only because it is so much darn fun to hunt for bargains and great gifts online. In case you’re wondering, I have not purchased the unicorn mask for anyone… yet.)
56. The overwhelming kindness and support of my friends
57. Night swimming (The activity AND the song by REM.)
58. The quiet of snow (I once heard something about sound waves travelling differently- or not at all? – through falling snow. I should probably look that up. But in the meantime, I think it is true and the stillness, and quiet it just amazing.)
59. Coordinated naps (Can I get an “Amen”?!)
60. The big freezer in my basement
61. Iced coffee
62. Gummy vitamins
64. Flying, leaping hugs
65. My wise, old soul little girl, who loves “Goodnight Irene” better than any other song
My pensive 7-month-old.
67. The ability to participate in our political system
69. Dental care
70. Flannel sheets
71. Legal pads (I inherited my love of legal pads from my father.)
75. April, Jena and Christine (Different backgrounds, different ages, different life paths, but the same loving supportive friendship. I am so grateful for them.)
76. Gold sunshine on an October afternoon
78. ATM machines
80. Roasted garlic (Or any garlic, really.)
81. Giggles (Is there anything better than hearing wild giggles emanating from your son and daughter while they play with their dad? Nope, there isn’t.)
85. Cole slaw
86. Rock ‘n’ roll
87. New Zealand (I lived there in 2002 and I left a part of my heart there.)
88. Greek yogurt
89. Good hair days
91. Monogramming (I can’t help it. Please don’t ever get me a labeller – it wouldn’t be pretty. My daughter just received this blanket from Pottery Barn Kids and I love it. So does she. If I had to guess, this blanket will quickly become her lovey. Added bonus? The gift giver had it monogrammed with her name!)
93. Oatmeal raspberry squares
94. Coffee, but not just any coffee, coffee that is the absolutely perfect temperature with just the right amount of 1/2 and 1/2.
95. My husband, who is unreasonably patient and kind, with me and with the kiddos
96. Baby bunnies (A co-worker raises amazing fluffy bunnies so she can shear them and spin their fur/hair into yarn. One of her mama bunnies had 6 little ones, and I can now state, without hesitation, that baby bunnies are indeed the cutest things on the planet. Or probably the universe. Puppies are in the Top 10, as are kittens. But bunnies top the list. No question.)
Image from FreeDigitalPhotos.net.