I’m a sucker for stationery. Right this very minute I have 3 sets of personalized note cards sitting on my desk. And return address labels and stamps? Don’t get me started.
So I’m kind of geeking out about these clever letterpress cards by Sapling Press (also on Etsy). They get ideas from websites and their favorite Twitter feeds, and then make beautiful goofy cards.
And a few oldies but goodies that are making regular appearances at my house at bedtime?
The princess-to-be goes on a quest to save her intended, Ronald, from a fire-breathing dragon. She outsmarts the dragon and then bids Ronald farewell after he doesn’t appreciate her efforts. He’s no prince after all – he’s a BUM.
Life gets a little boring if you eat the same thing every day, even if it is your very favorite.
Keep on, keepin’ on, my friends!
1. The other day, I actually thought that it might be nice to get sick. But only sick enough that I would feel justified in staying home and sleeping all day.
2. There is a dead frog in my car. Somewhere. Thankfully (?) it is flat and dried.
3. I sometimes feel bad about:
a. not reading The New Yorker;
b. not eating enough fish;
c. sometimes writing “congrats” instead of “congratulations,” because that’s just lazy.
4. I don’t watch much TV, except for Wild Kratts and Curious George, so I’m woefully behind in my knowledge of news and pop culture. And I don’t really go anywhere interesting anymore. This paired with my usual state of exhaustion means that I am, in fact, only able to talk about my children. I do recognize how annoying this is.
5. My children think they have the power to change stoplights and songs on the radio using only their minds. This is going to come back to bite me, I’m sure.
Pickle trying to exert mind control over his unsuspecting little sister.