Things I Know For Sure:
- When they say that wrap-style dresses flatter every figure, they are lying.
- Tea and toast can cure any number of problems.
- These are a terrible idea.
Things I Am Good At:
- Reading aloud to my kids.
- Keeping my calendar up to date.
- Buying good/cool presents.
- Being silly.
Things I’m Not Good At:
- Owning plants.
- Caring about/for my eyebrows.
- Writing lunch box notes.
- Decorating for holidays.
- Meal planning.
- Knowing military rank hierarchy.
Things That Make Me Cry:
- It’s A Wonderful Life
- Songs including: Slip Sliding Away, Who Knows Where the Time Goes, and The Mary Ellen Carter
- Any youtube video of people rallying around kids/people who have been picked on, excluded or bullied
- Attempts to sing “The Circle Game” to my children at bedtime
- This story about the power of music, stories and hope.
Things I Should Admit:
- I try not to judge, but I might feel a little bit sad for you if you don’t vote, eat steak well done, or don’t read actual books.
- I like the smell of skunk (from a distance of 15 feet or more).
- I have never watched Titanic, or Casablanca.
- I currently have 6,404 photos on my phone. And 558 videos.
- I have a love/hate relationship with all of those beautiful photos of kitchen renovations that don’t include upper cabinets.
- I’m really tempted to dress my youngest in knee socks like Prince George.