1. I bought more personalized stationery. I couldn’t help it. It has rainbow unicorns on it. (Yes, I am aware that I am 37 years old.) It also has woodland creatures. And apparently I have a thing for woodland creatures.
Unicorny! Animal Tale stationery from Tiny Prints.
2. Those big crystals of sugar they put on the top of muffins? I HATE THEM. Stop wrecking my muffins!
3. I wrote a list of things that I really should do to make my life feel more comfortable, well-rounded and full.
- Read – really read – a poem every day (or heck, at least once a week).
- Have fresh flowers around.
- Grow something (not just children).
- Have a nice bed.
- Eat more fish and more green things.
- Go to the theatre – and not just musicals.
A pretty good list. And while my mattress IS of legal drinking age and needs to be put out of its misery, my list also offered me some lovely perspective. It doesn’t contain items like survive, heal, or feel respected and loved so maybe I’m doing alright.
4. I’m pretty sure most people drink too much water, or think they need more water than they do. Really.
5. My mom was right about a lot of things:
- As you get older, your hair gets less greasy. Thankfully, true!
- You should keep track of the Christmas presents you give, so you can keep things even and avoid giving the same gifts 2 years in a row. Yes. You think you will remember, but you won’t.
- There is value to comfy undies. Duh. I have no idea why my sister and I fought her on this one.
- Sometimes you will forget which baby is in the baby picture. I didn’t think it was possible to be unable to recognize your own children in photos, but sometimes I’m baffled even though I birthed them!
A Pickle, a Plum and a Pistachio. Who is who?! I have no idea! (Actually I do, because I assembled the collage, but you get my point…)
TIL #1 – Tiny Prints
I have a stationery problem. I love beautiful stationery with lovely details. My husband still doesn’t know how much I paid for our Save-the-Dates and wedding invites – and he never will (they had to be letterpress, and they had to be on 100% cotton, and I’m sure I’m the only one who would ever have noticed anyway).
Tiny Prints isn’t an artisan letterpress, but they do lovely work at reasonable prices. Their customer service is great, and the have a great selection. I’ve used them for Christmas cards, baby announcements, birthday invites, address labels and shower invites. I’ve never been disappointed. My sister even used their sister site – wedding paper divas – for her wedding invites and they turned out great.
TIL #2 – Toffee-Topped Brownie Bites from Annie’s Eats
I like Annie’s site. And I’m kind of awed by her ability to cook and bake delicious things and throw lovely parties while completing her residency and raising 2 teeny kiddos. (Admission: I didn’t even shower today.) This is one of my favorites from her site. It is a crowd pleaser, is great to bring to parties, and really, is pretty easy. Not to mention – these are deliciously delicious. Check out her site too, it’s got some great stuff!
Beautiful photo by Annie, of Annie's Eats!
Note: Neither Annie nor the folks at Tiny Prints know me. I just like them. Kthanksbye.